- A rescan will only be offered if we do not fulfil the primary objectives of the scan (detailed below).
- Rescans will be offered at our discretion and scheduled at our discretion.
- If you are not available for a rescan, a refund will not be offered instead.
- Rescans may not last the full scan time, they are designed to ‘fill the blanks’, achieving the primary objective from the original scan.
- You may request images from your original scan as well as your rescan.
Early Pregnancy Scan
Primary Objectives – To see your baby and visualise a heartbeat. Should we not be able to visualise a heartbeat then we will refer you to the NHS hospital managing your care. In some instances, we may recommend another scan in 14 days, however, this will be chargeable.
Rescan – A rescan will rarely be offered for an early pregnancy scan, as typically we will have either visualised a heartbeat or referred you to your local NHS hospital.
Wellbeing & Gender Scan
Primary Objectives – To check your baby’s wellbeing and determine the sex of your baby.
Rescan – A rescan on another date will be offered should we not be able to confidently determine the sex of your baby.
Bonding & Wellbeing Scan
Primary Objectives – To check your baby’s wellbeing and provide approximate measurements of your baby.
Rescan – A rescan on another date will be offered should we not be able to take measurements of your baby.
Wellbeing & 4D Scan
Primary Objectives – To check your baby’s wellbeing and obtain satisfactory 3D images of your baby.
Rescan – A rescan will be offered if we do not consider the 3D images to be of a satisfactory standard. The assessment of a “satisfactory standard” will be made solely by us. Rescans are at our discretion and will only be offered if we feel that there is a reasonable chance of obtaining a clearer image. In some cases, factor’s such as a high BMI, baby’s position, or amniotic fluid levels can make this very unlikely. Rescans will only be offered when the pregnancy is dated less than 32 weeks. Only one rescan will be offered.